Monday, April 18, 2011

IMBURNAL

It was 6:30 in the morning when I saw this guy in the culvert (beside the under construction village). It was empty and I can taste the cement like smell when I got there,  but what striked me most is the idea that made him think to spend his morning in a dry and cold drainpipe (I sat beside him and asked a few questions) He was supposed to be in school but he preferred to stay there than to see his younger brother and sister crying and craving for food. He was 13 yrs old and still in 5th grade, the eldest of 7 (whithonly a year's gap), his mother is a laundry woman and his father is a carpenter. He got used to staying there together with his friends who had the same situation or worst.

How would you start your day if you were in his situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment